Eating for Success Program
Two-week additive free food trials have been undertaken by Sue Dengate of the Food Intolerance Network in a number of Australian schools. The schools have found:
- quieter, calmer and more co-operative students, with longer concentration and improved co-ordination and focus
- NO headaches, stomach aches, asthma and skin rashes
Principals and staff associated with these trials have enthusiastically advocated the results. “We average six detentions a week” reported Lawrie Renshall, Principal of Nana Glen Public School. “In that second week of the food trial we did not have one child on detention” (70-80 per cent of students fully participated). Preliminary data from Cooma North Public School showed the behaviour of about one in three children significantly improved. In children with behaviour problems there was an 86 per cent improvement.
Our Eating for Success program, which is based on Sue Dengate's model, promotes reducing additives across the whole school environment.
The Eating for Success program is designed to highlight how food additives can affect behaviour; how food additives are identified on product labels; and what safe commercial foods are available without problem additives. This is achieved by using slideshows, short film clips, hands-on activities and handouts. To get your school started, download this Additive-Free School Canteen Menu for some easy ways to reduce additives in your school canteen.
The Eating for Success School Program includes:
- Teachers Information Session
- Parents/Carers Information Night
- Classroom Activities
- Suggested Additive Free Policy Updates
- Additive Free in the Classroom – No-Cost, Low Cost and Additive Free Food Rewards
- Newsletter Articles – Nasty versus SAFE Lunches and Breakfasts, SAFE Recipes etc
- List of Acceptable Treats and Recipes for Celebrations for Parents
- List for Canteen categorised into Red/Amber/Green foods as per "Go for Your Life"
Full Package Price is negotiable.
Individual Components can be priced separately.
For more details or to confirm availability, please contact Jenny on 0402 003 192.